1. Make a list of URLs
Make a list of all the pages you want to rewrite title tags for. (use a crawling tool if you have a large site or lots of pages)
2. Pull in Your Existing Title Tags
Pulling your title tags (and meta descriptions) into a single list is good because; It will show you where close duplication and crossover of targeting occurs.
3. Find Out What Your Pages Rank For
Search Console data
to find out which keywords drive traffic to your pages. Third party tools can help if you don't have Search Console set up.
4. Rewrite Your Titles Using Your Best Performing Keywords from Each Page at the Beginning of the Titles
Replace any close duplicated or long titles with unique well formed, keyword focused titles.
4. Spell Check Your Title Tags
Run your title rewrites through a spell checker to find any issues and correct them. Use a
title tag checker
to check the length of your new title tags
5. Publish Your Title Tags & Track Performance
Upload your title tags to your pages via your
. Record the date you changed them in your spreadsheet and track their performance.
Check to Make Sure CTR Increases on Your Pages Also, Look Out For Positional, Click and Impressional Improvements